You can use your personal hotspot with your eSIM!
If your eSIM’s APN is manually set, you will need to set the hotspot APN manually too for being able to use the hotspot on your device.
Before you use tethering with your eSIM, you need to manually update and save a new Personal hotspot APN and turn Data Roaming on.
Follow these steps to set Personal Hotspot APN settings for your iOS device:
- Go to Settings on your device
- Go to Cellular/Mobile Data
- Go to your eSIM under Cellular/Mobile Data Plans
- Go to Cellular/Mobile Data Network
- In the Personal Hotspot APN field, type the APN as written in the eSIM installation details (all lower case, all one word)
- Leave username and password blank
In order to turn on your devices’ hotspot, please follow these steps:
- Set an APN before enabling Hotspot & tethering
- From the Home screen, head to Settings on your device(pull down the notification bar and hit the gear-shaped Settings button)
- Go to Network & Internet
- Tap “Hotspot & tethering”, then
- Tap “Wi-Fi hotspot” and turn on “Wi-Fi hotspot”