This set of instructions is to help Windows users connect devices directly to their cable modem if one device works, but other devices do not ( i.e. routers, other PC/MAC devices, etc.).
- On the computer that is currently functioning, open a command prompt window. (Small Black Window). To do this, press Windows Key + R. Then, in the RUN window that opens, enter "CMD".
- With the command prompt window open, type in “ipconfig /release”.
- Disconnect your cable modem from it's power source.
- Disconnect the Coaxial Cable from your modem. (This is the thick cable that screws into the back of the modem)
- Disconnect your PC from the modem.
- Connect the device you wish to have access to the internet. Wait 5 minutes.
- Reconnect the power to the cable modem. Wait 1 minute.
- Reconnect the Coaxial cable. Wait for the modem to synchronize.
You should be connected.
Article ID: 230, Created: 11/4/2014 at 1:01 PM, Modified: 10/18/2018 at 3:03 PM